Sunday, May 06, 2007

a very very very fine house

It was a big day for us. A tremendously big day. After months of ogling a new development of townhouses a couple of blocks from where we live, Kyle and I made a financial commitment to one of them this afternoon.

This summer, we will move into Parkside Villas, bordering Ben Lee Park.

Our first house. Our first own house.

They're not yet finished being built, but we're hoping they'll be done in time for our influx of friends this summer. They're scheduled to be done mid to end of July and it would be just perfect if we could put everyone up in their own room (there are three!) and have three bathrooms (one bath and two showers) at their disposal.

Here are some pics:



This is a shot from the park, looking at the place. Ours, in the second row, is obscured by a tree - but don't worry, there's lots more pictures with a more clear view.




Kyle, proud new homeowner, in front of our place. Our unit is the one directly to the left of his head.




A close-up shot of the new digs.




The view from our bedroom window (minus ugly blue skip and scaffolding cross bar)

So that's it. Guess I'm going to have to start focussing some positive energy on this backwards town, because it looks like I'm in it for the long run!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

HURRAH! I'm so excited for you two - I mean, you THREE! The park is so much more accessible now. Hmm.... I wonder if your boy will learn to skateboard there.... Anyway, God is good! CONGRATS!

Alish

Kyle said...

Hurrah indeed! Yes, we are truely blessed. We have a home, our own home!!!... and as the saying goes, "we own a nice mortgage to go along with it".

Amanda said...

Yeah, but it's so much nicer to make those monthly payments when you're paying a mortgage instead of rent in someone else's pocket. The house looks fab, can't wait to see it!

Kelly said...

You already know that we're excited for you. What a way to start a new chapter of your life.
Congratulations.