I only got one person for April Fool's Day this year, and while I have to admit now that it was a pretty good premise, it was sadly unintentional.
I woke up early Sunday morning - maybe 5:30 a.m.? - with a sharp, painful muscle spasm in the calf of my leg. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, but this was so sudden, sharp and painful that I sat bolt upright in bed, and even let out a little yelp.
This seems to be a side effect of pregnancy, as it was the third or fourth time it's happened - although the others were not quite as intense as this one. The first time it happened, it worked it's way into a dream that had a lion gnawing his way through my leg and - I kid you not - it couldn't have felt much worse if he had been.
Anyway, Kyle, witnessing this and seeing me doubled over (frantically trying to rub and squeeze the knot out of my leg) thought I was in labour.
I wish now that I was clever enough to formulate such a prank (minus the lion teeth in my leg) but as of late I have been totally trickless. I can't remember the last time I came up with a good April Fool's joke - at least seven or eight years - and I tend to let the day go by totally unobserved. I think I've lost my edge.
So for now I'm going to have to ride the wave of circumstantial trickery, claiming victory (gotcha!) even though the joke's on me (YOU wake up to one of those and you'll see what I mean).
Anybody else have any more luck on the day?
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK, so that's weird. I have had those muscle spasms in my legs before, but not for about 4 or 5 years. Then out of the blue, in the middle of the night last...was it Thursday? Wham! I had the most agonizing attack. Strange. I've heard of friends and sisters having sympathetic reactions to things similar to those of their pregnant friends, but this is just ridiculous. I don't sympathize with you enough to go through that kind of excruciating pain!!!
Liam had luck. Not with the vinegar he put in the ice trays for Avery. She went for the icecubes before they were frozen and smelled the vinegar.
He switched the salt and sugar around and wasn't found out until yesturday when we put salt on the perogies he made. I wondered why they didn't taste salty so I added some more and then realized that they were actually sweet.
Avery made a scavenger hunt for Liam that ended with nothing. It was nothing more than a wild goose chase.
Sounds like there were pranks aplenty at chez Philip!
Since reading your post, Amanda, I did a bit of research and learned that intense leg cramps like that could mean a shortage of calcium in a person's diet. Some good sources: yogurt, cheese, calcium-added orange juice, Ovaltine, scones (!) and, of course, milk. I'll definitely be upping some of those foods in my diet!
Post a Comment